Start planning your Ayurveda holidays now.
As of February 14, 2021, Barberyn Beach Ayurveda Resort in Weligama, Sri Lanka re-opened its doors for Ayurveda guests from around the world. Reservations can now be made, and interest in spending time at our resort has grown immediately. The first guests have already arrived at the resort and are enjoying their treatments.
Visit the resort page of Barberyn Beach for more details and get in touch with reservation for even more information.
What do I have to do to go on an Ayurveda holiday at Barberyn Beach?
- The Barberyn reservations department will help you find the right package for your needs and also help you with the visa.
- You make the booking with the Reservation team and get a booking reference. With the booking reference, you apply online for your visa. You will receive an “Electronic Travel Authorization (pending)” and send it to our reservation team. They will transmit your particulars to the Sri Lanka Tourism Authority. They will then clear your visa with the Immigration Department.
- You can complete your visa formality within the next two days. You are all set to go.
- You will need a valid PCR test made within 72 hours prior to your arrival in Sri Lanka.
- There will be no COVID test at Colombo airport. The Barberyn driver will pick you up and deliver you directly to Barberyn Beach. Your first PCR test will be done there, on arrival at the resort.
- The Barberyn doctor will prepare a gentle detox and immunity enhancing regime for you, using herbal decoctions, pills, powders, etc. for the first three days.
- From the first day on, you can roam freely throughout the resort and utilize all the facilities (dining, yoga, swimming pool) – there is no quarantine, as Barberyn has been certified as a ‘Certified COVID-Safe & Secure Level 1 Hotel’
- Two more PCR tests will be administered at the resort (around Day 6 and Day 12). In case you are staying for 14 days at Barberyn, the results of the final test can be used as the test you will need before boarding the aircraft on your way home.
- These three PCR tests (for a 14 days stay) will cost a total of € 100 ($ 120) (€ 33 or $ 40 per test), the mandatory COVID Insurance is € 10 ($ 12).
- Barberyn will advance these payments for you, you can reimburse the costs (of the PCR test and insurance) after you arrive.
- From Day 4 on, all treatments, as well as therapies with oil, will be administered. Also, you can now go to the beach (though you should not interact with the public).
- All necessary protocols and safety measures in regard to COVID 19 are implemented at the resort, with the attention to detail that you expect from Barberyn. The wide-open spaces and gardens of the resort make it easy to create a safe environment for our guests.
We understand that you will have many questions regarding this process: our Reservation Team (write an email to email@example.com) is ready to answer them. Get in touch with them now!
We also have prepared different special packages for our guests – 2 weeks, 3 weeks, 4 weeks, 2 months – and beyond. Inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you details and prices.
After ten long months of being closed, we are so happy to re-open now and welcome our guests back to Barberyn. Sri Lanka’s new rules for hotels have made it possible to offer guests an Ayurveda holiday experience that is basically identical to the one we know from pre-CoviD days – with an unparalleled level of safety and security.