Ayurveda treatment of Parkinson consists of a combination of internal and external applications of Ayurvedic medicine.
- Usually a set of decoctions (herbal medicinal drinks) is given. At the beginning, decoction should contain ingredients to achieve a balance of Vata Dosha; later the decoctions should have nutritious or rejuvenating value. The decoctions contain masha (Undu) - Phaselolusradiatus, Babila - Sidacordifolia etc. and are very effective.
- Dasamula Arishta, which contains several ingredients, including herbs and roots such as Aswenna, Polpala, Elabatu, Katuwelbatu, Hinnerenchi, Beli, Midi, Thotia, Palol, Et demata and other herbs, is also given orally to balance the Vata Dosha and as a tonic.
- Ashwaganda Choorana - orally taken herbal powder. Dosage: one teaspoon, twice a day with milk. It contains a medicinal plant named Ashwaganda-With aniasomnifera, which has a mainly rejuvenating property and acts as a nerve tonic.
Following treatments are also given depending on the patient's condition.
- Shiro Abhyanga and Shareera Abhyanga (special head and body oil application)
- Shiro Dara Treatment (special head oil treatment)
- Pinda Sweda Treatment (Mild oil massage is administered to the patient with the help of special milk rice medicinal bundles made of cheesecloth.
- Shiro Vasti treatment (Keeping oil over the head with the help of special cap)
- Nasya karma (drops inhaled through the nose)
- Rasayana karma (Rejuvenation)
Prospects of cure: Depends on the severity and complications of the disease. If in early stages, disease can be retarded, and symptoms can be controlled.
Minimum period of treatment in order to see improvements should be more than four weeks.